Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 865B -VHP

mowingman ยท 2022-05-06 13:36

Wondering about this Case grader that showed up at out local Township maint. garage. It looks almost brand new, and is replacing an "old", JD grader. This nearly new Case grader does not look like any of the new graders that Case currently has available. Anyone know who built these for Case? Jeff

Replies8
  1. #1KSSS2022-05-06 14:59

    That is a CASE built grader. They have a line of smaller graders that made in Italy.

  2. #2cuttin edge2022-05-06 18:50

    Looks very New Holland like. Especially how it articulates ahead of the cab. Can't figure out the moldboard. Must have sides bolted on for spreading asphalt.

  3. #3mowingman2022-05-06 19:11

    Yes, they have short side extensions bolted on, I guess for spreading asphalt.

  4. #4mowingman2022-05-06 19:12

    According to their internet site, Case no longer makes anything like this machine.

  5. #5KSSS2022-05-06 19:32

    They stopped a couple years ago making the 865, but it was built by CASE.

  6. #6cuttin edge2022-05-06 20:35
  7. #7hwrdbd2022-05-08 08:42

    Does anyone have any experience with these machines? We had been considering something like this but can't find much info about actual performance or longevity. Looking for something bigger and more capable than the compact LeeBoy machines, but not a full size machine.

  8. #8KSSS2024-01-19 00:52

    https://www.casece.com/northamerica/en-us/products/motor-graders/overview I was at the CASE customer center in Tomahawk, Wi this Oct. I spent some time on both of these graders. I am no grader hand, but I left really liking both of these machines. Easy to run, even for a rookie. I will be looking to find a used one this next year, it would fit nicely for the work we do.