Hello Guys- Had a question regarding my machine. It seems to be 'jumping' up and down, or really vibrating alot while tracking along. The whole cab shakes like crazy! Is this just a track tension issue, or is there maybe something else I am missing? Thanks in advance for any help/advice!
Could be the tracks are too loose. The sprocket teeth could be skipping on the links. Tension on excavators should be approx 1 inch of droop when measuring the gap between a flat bar and the grouser (spanning about 4-5 over track shoes).
Hi Huntoon- It really doesn't seem/sound like the sprocket is skipping, but I'll look closer. It is more of a bouncing up and down feeling when sitting in the seat. At slow speed, it is hardly noticable, but very evident in rabbit gear! Thanks!
Rail tension on Case is measured by lifting up each side so the entire track is off the ground, and in the center, measuring from the bottom of the track frame to a pad. I never had a 9010, but on a 9030B it was around 11".
Seized track chain link?