Does anyone on here have a Case 9020B and are they good-realible excavators??? I'm lookin into buying an excavator around this size range and it seems their cheaper in dollar wise. Just wondering how they perform and hold up. I've just been around case back-hoes in my time and I know they are good machines
They aren't too bad of a machine from what I have seen but I don't know about them over time. My cousin bought one 2 years ago for the farm and it has gotten maybe 200hrs put on it since we got it. I have had to do quite a bit of work to it but they were all things that the previous owners neglected. The only thing we are having problems with now is that the travel motors are stuck in high range and and the right one is about to go out and unless you are on flat dry ground you have to help that side out with the bucket. They aren't as nice as a cat or deere but they get the job done. The engines are hard to beat they are a 4bt Cummins the same as case hoes so there aren't any real issues there. In case you don't know what case stands for though it's Couldn't Afford Something Else lol Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
they are built by sumitomo and are the same as linkbelt excavators the linkbelts had isuzu engines . the B model case are the Quantum linkbelt. I've had at least one linkbelt since 1991. have three linkbelt/case now. just got home from looking at a new 350 today.
Still have a CASE 9030B which we just repacked all the hydraulic cylinders. The machine is strong and smooth, just can't sell it for any $$. We use it for a backup but it is still reliable at 18 years of age. We rebuilt the undercarriage 2 years ago. Never had problems (yet) with the pump, engine, or final drives. We will sometimes get parts from the salvage companies off of the web. No good CASE support in SC until recently, still far from us. Sometimes order CASE parts from a company in NJ (they beat everybody for OEM). If the money is right, could be an OK machine. Our other 6 excavators are all CAT.
Im wanting something around the cat 315 range. I've always been die-hard cat but I noticed that the case hoes are priced a lot more reasonable. I just don't see many case hoes around ky. I see a lot of back hoes and dozers and a lot of people brag on them and say their a lot cheaper maintenance. I like the looks of the case cx160's too but their a lot more expensive than the 9020
I run a Case 9010B and it has been a good machine for us... but it's older and you get what you pay for.
I have a 9010b also, where can I get new joy sticks and a new instrument panel at ?