Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 9050B Boom Pin replacement

Ben Myers ยท 2024-03-07 14:50

Recently bought a 9050B. I believe the boom pin is broken, as one end started backing out. We are going to replace this but the pin is not available from Case. We can get the bushings. The pin is 110mm in diameter and needs to be about 25" long. Can I buy some pin stock and use it to make a new one? Will a bucket pin work or are these significantly different materials? Without buying some of both and testing, I don't have a great way to know. No- I have no idea how it broke. My guess is it backed out at some point and then broke, then they previous owner put it back together. We have not done anything that would come close to breaking it. Any help is appreciated.

Replies0

No replies yet.