2-3 times a year we do a major clean out of our 90XT. Raise cab, open all access panels, degrease and pressure wash. The belly is always filthy with oil and debri. We found 2 hydraulic leaks and 1 fuel leak. It requires multiple sessions of pressure washing to most of the gunk out. After the last washing the left side drive is operating in reverse. Push left lever forward and left side goes back. The right lever and control is fine. Machine is very difficult to drive this way in fact it is very dangerous. What could have caused this to change. I instructed by helper to be careful spraying aroung any wiring and controls.
Change around the hoses feeding the left side drive motor that is on the big pump. They'd be the two big hoses on the opposite side on the machine to the pump thats givin probs. The other option is to switch the big hoses on the left side motor itself but that would be more time consuming.
I'm guessing that's an all mechanical linkage machine and you somehow turned over a bellcrank?
IT's all mechanical . did you take any hoses loose if not it's like lantraxco said
Unless the hydraulic leaks were drive hoses..... could have gotten them switched? Gremlins, mebbe... them suckers live in the grease and dirt and don't like baths....
soooo what happen:update:update:update looked @ one of mine trying to figure any possibility's with linkages didn't
I am going to work on it today. My helper left the key on so the battery went down and we did other things. I looked at the linkage and everything looks fine. I did take off two hose connections to tighten fittings and replace o-rings but I did hoses one at a time and don't see how I could have switched them. I'll get out my shematics book and check hoses again to be sure.
All is well. I switched the hoses on the front pump and my 90XT is acting correctly. I was sure that I didn't mix them up but I made a mistake. I guess I am due one a week.
thanks for the update I was still wondering. :duh some times we have a blonde moment