Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 90xt…What are all these buttons?

Schmity ยท 2011-07-14 00:15

On the left hand joystick...one button is the high speed, the other is the parking brake (which doesn't seem to work), and I have no clue what the other rocker switch does. Up by the ignition switch are two rocker switches. One is the lights, what is the other one? In the RH console there are three switches. The toggle switch is for locking and unlocking the attachment. There are two rocker switches that I don't have a clue on?

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2011-07-16 11:25

    Can you take a picture of the control handles I could help you figure it out.

  2. #2franklinute2011-07-17 11:39

    I own a 90xt and I will try to remember the functions from memory. On the left hand control black button is two speed, red button is parking brake-does your parking brake work when you raise the seat bar? The rubberized rocker switch I never use but I think has something to do with high flow hydraulic system. I have high flow but no attachments to use. The rocker switch other than the lights is a starting aid for cold weather. If you hold it for a few seconds a little extra fuel is sent to each cylinder to help starting. It has been a long time since a read my owners manual I hope this is right. I have only 1 toggle swith in the right hand console and it is for the hydraulic operated locking pins.

  3. #3Schmity2011-07-17 23:09

    Thanks. I'll see if I can get some pics. On the right hand console, I have the toggle switch that is for the locking pins, but there is also two rocker switches in the console as well (towards the back of the console) that are just like the lights and cold start switches by the ignition? I don't think the parking brake is working. Does the red button only work in certain circumstances (i.e. seat bar raised)? Also there is a black button on the right hand control. The sticker in the cab has a little electric bolt (LOOK HERE) .

  4. #4KSSS2011-07-21 16:13

    There were different options for the hand controls. There was also an option for a more advanced display center with more functions. Pretty hard to say what everything does without a photo. Also post the year of the machine and if is equipped with ride control.

  5. #5Kobe1302011-07-24 01:46

    According to the Case Manual My recently purchased 85xt, 90xt, 95xt operators manual sez the left hand joystick has parking brake lower left button, 2 speed traction button to the right of that, then high flow hydraulics is the top rocker switch (neutral center position is off). Right hand joystick, top switch is turn signals (if equipped), however, if equipped with optional frt auxiliary electric the rocker switch controls power to the harness on the left loader lift arm. On that right joystick lower left is horn, to the right of that is the ride control (if equipped). Clear? I know - clear as mud - I thought so too. Hope this helps a bit.