Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 921c front axle removal and build

catfixer ยท 2013-04-23 10:42

Has anyone removed the front axle on a 921c. I am trying to figure out if I can remove it without having a crane. I was thinking possibly jacking the machine up high enough so that when I remove the axle I can just roll it out under the front of the machine. any thoughts?

Replies7
  1. #1alrman2013-04-23 15:45

    Thats a serious bit of steel to deal with without a crane. Usually you would get rid of the wheels, undo grease & brake lines, driveshaft & use loader to lower it to the ground & then crane it out with something. What is the problem you have to fix? If you don't have a crane, why don't you leave the housing attatched to the machine & carry out your repairs that way?

  2. #2catfixer2013-04-23 17:03

    It is spitting hydraulic oil out of the diff breather. Machine has axle cooling lines removed and capped off (not my doing, not my machine) so it's somewhere in the brakes to the best of my knowledge. i was thinking worn discs or bypassing seal

  3. #3alrman2013-04-23 22:47

    Should be no need to remove the whole axle then, just dismantle the hubs. I hope the brake linnings are not worn out...... very pricey

  4. #4catfixer2013-04-23 23:54

    Much appreciated! I was worried it was gonna be a pain

  5. #5grc2013-05-03 17:45

    Do you already have a replacement axle or you rebuilding yours ? I know where a new 921c axle part number 78038220 for $2500.00 . Let me know if you need help with it .

  6. #6catfixer2013-05-04 07:47

    where is the axle located? Also does this axle come with the hubs and brake assemblies on it?

  7. #7grc2013-05-06 09:48

    Axle It is Springfield MO they have lots of axles , but I found out today it is a rear axle . It has the hubs and brakes with it let me know if you need more info on it .