Purchased my 95XT with high flow to use mainly in locomotive service driving a Buhler 7424 snowblower. This skid is certainly big enough and heavy enough for the job but I see that this model has taken some criticism which may relate to the 74 Hp in a 9000 lb machine. I wish it was 105 Hp too. The 4BT can always be tweaked a little to give her a little more jamb. Question 1. Noise in drive is most likely the final drive hyd motors? I will check the chains to see they are ok and tight but I'm afraid for my pocketbook if the motors need rebuilding. I've seen the other posts regarding hyd motor remans. Question 2. Do these machines have a weakness I should know about (I know - fine time to be asking now). This guy has 3600 hours so I guess it operated long and hard for the previous owner. Thx in advance guys.
There is no shortage of power with 95XT. Its 85Hp and 264 foot pounds of torque. Your hard pressed to find a machine that makes that much torque even today. I have had two of these machines and currently own a 465. The biggest issue with them is they are big and heavy and use fuel. However a more productive machine for moving large amounts of material, even compared with current machines the 95XT more than holds its own. You have a great machine that holds its value and is one of the few skid steers that can easily hit 10K on the meter and still be productive.
KSSS I note from your website that your 465 is pushing a good size snowblower. What is the make and size? Does your 465 have the hi flow piston pump or the gear pump? My XT has the 41 gpm gear pump. It looks like the nice thing about the piston pump is that you can throttle it for varying conditions. The 4BT is an excellent engine I know, this is my 4th one (two 580s and a Kobelco sk130 currently.). In my application we sometimes get hard packed drifts off the lake of 4 or 5 feet or worse in depth. Think this combo will work well against that with the weight. Do you guys use tire chains when blowing snow, couldn't tell from your video? Sounds like the 95 XT was a good choice, not too concerned about fuel use, more so want to get the job done. Thx.
My 90XT has the same drivetrain as your 95XT. I've had a little trouble from the axle seals and bearings. I think the manual says to repack the bearings at 1000 hours. Just don't run too long if a bearing goes bad. The is a better seal available to keep the dirt out. My only complaint is that my 90XT has a small hydraulic leak somewhere and I cannot find it.
Its an Erskine 85" 2400XL. It throws snow. It makes 41 gpm from the factory, I replaced the reliefs with some CASE recommended for better mulcher production. I have gone to just chains on the back. My only real complaint with any of these machines has been the cab. As far getting work done, I have no complaints. The 465/95XT is like a nonarticulating wheel loader.