Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 95XT Issues

Kobe130 · 2011-11-18 00:13

Working with a 95xt with about 4500 hrs. Runs well but has a disconcerting clattering noise when traction motors are in operation. Moves alright in forward and reverse, engine runs like a top. No jerking or abnormal movements observed. Wonder if anybody else has encountered this strange clattering noise? Wondering if the chains could make this noise but I can't believe at this level of hours the chains are worn out. and wobbling around. Thanks for any ideas on this one.

Replies15
  1. #1KSSS2011-11-18 16:12

    It sounds to me like the chains. With 4500 hours they may need adjustment or are stretched out. I believe those are 120 sized chains.

  2. #2Kobe1302011-11-19 11:29

    Thx KSSS, I was a little worried it might be motors. Its going into my shop in a couple of weeks so I better take the chaincase inspection covers off and have a peek at them. The engine oil was about the blackest I've ever seen so I'm expecting to have to change chain oil and perhaps change the chains. If the chains are still loose at maximum tightening I guess they have to be renewed.

  3. #3kuangqy2011-11-19 18:53

    Maybe the wheel shaft bolts was loose, check it beeter.

  4. #4terraplenagem2012-07-17 17:48

    Hello friends, okay? I can not create a new topic, I believe to be newbie... so I am using this topic here. I have a Case 95XT and I have some doubts. In the left panel, for example, means that some items: 1. Fuel Level, ok 2. Engine Oil Pressure, ok 3. Engine Water Level, ok 4. Transmission Oil Temperature? That part of the transmission? 5. Alternator / Battery Charge, ok 6. Parking, ok 7. Transmission Oil Pressure? That part of the transmission? 8. Something related to the engine? What? 9. Something related to transmission oil? What? 10. Seatbelt operator, ok 11. Clock hours worked, ok 12. A hole? This would have some use? Please, if you can help me, I would be grateful. I have the parts catalog but I'm not the operator's manual for this machine. If you can post a copy of the manual page that shows the functions of these indicators would be very grateful. Regards to all!

  5. #5alrman2012-07-17 19:12

    This is from an XT manual. I would say that #12 hole is where the buzzer/ alarm sound comes from. :drinkup

  6. #6terraplenagem2012-07-17 20:43

    My friend, I am immensely grateful for your response. My question remains as to his image as the number 7 is displayed as "Not Used" ... but in fact there is a drawing of a gear with two arrows pointing from the outside to the center of figure. Thank you for your attention and help. Sorry for my bad English, I'm using Google translator. I'm from Brazil and I do not speak very well English. Sorry

  7. #7Skideoder2012-07-17 20:59

    People from other countries are always so nice and polite. "My friend" "immensely greatful"...apologizing for not speaking English. I like him I hope he stays around :drinkup

  8. #8alrman2012-07-17 21:12

    An educated guess is that the symbol for #7, if it was used, would be transmission charge pressure. Your Welcome :drinkup

  9. #9terraplenagem2012-07-17 21:20

    I can not speak for other peoples, but we Brazilians, in general, we like and we identify a lot with people from European countries and from USA. The American people, in particular, was responsible for many wonderful inventions that helped a lot to humanity (though not agree that the airplane was invented by the Wright brothers but by the Brazilian Santos Dumont) and were key to the victory of good in the world wars with the British. But I will not continue with this subject because it is not the purpose of the forum. Here, we say "kindness generates kindness." Thank you for your words. I really enjoyed this forum and plan to participate whenever possible. Thank you! That transmission is speaking, of the pump is located in the center, below the seat? Or are you talking about the side bombs? The former owner used 15W40 oil in the transmission, the same oil used in the engine. Trying to solve the problem of light indicator in panel, I emptied the system, changed the filters and put oil Petronas Arbor MTF 10W30, similar of Mobil Mobilfluid 424 directed by Brasif, Case dealer in my state (São Paulo State). Thank you Note: If the moderators see fit, I would be grateful if separated the posts from # 5 to a new topic.

  10. #10KSSS2012-07-18 00:08

    I am not sure if it matters but I believe that the transmission specs 10w-30.

  11. #11terraplenagem2012-07-18 11:42

    If the problem (light lighting) was not related to the type of oil or the conditions of the filters, that were exchanged, should probably be related to the measurement devices that are (here in Brazil we call "cebolas" in English onions or "cebolinhas" in English scallions... swith?) or else the loss of pump pressure. Now my question is whether this is really related to the pressure of the hydraulic pump (piston) pump or transmission (wheel). It's hard for me because we have in Brazil, especially here in São Paulo, the largest and most developed city in the South America, skilled labor for this type of service, diagnosis and overhaul of these systems are difficult to find or do not exist outside of dealers. We have a great range of quality parts at affordable prices for national machines, manufactured here, however, imported machines such as Case 95XT, only at the dealership and there, the price is absurd, reaches up to 10 or 15 times higher. To give you an idea of ​​what I speak, the price, in USA the Dealer Coleman Equip sold the ignition key by US$ 33.08. I recently purchased here in Brazil, Brasif , authorized Case dealer in my state and charged me the equivalent in national currency (Real) about US$ 150.00 and still took two weeks to send me the product. Now I'm in doubt because the machine has plenty, but very strong and is extremely fast. I can not believe (with all due respect for your opinion) that the transmission may present any defect. Sometimes I think that this problem may be that the device measures the pressure of the pump (switch?) and not in the pump itself. But to buy the device, I will have to spend about US$ 250.00. If compared to the other machines we have in the company (Track Loader / Traxcavator Caterpillar 941 and Backhoe Loader Case 580H), hydraulic system that move the bucket is actually slower, although it has enough strength, but there is no comparison as to size of hose and hydraulic cylinders.

  12. #12alrman2012-07-18 16:48

    terraplenagem, The light would be related to transmission pumps. These are 2 pumps joined together (under the seat) to make one hydrostatic tandem pump to provide drive - one to the left & one to the right. This tandem pump has an internal charge pump (located between the two) to provide low pressure (300psi) to charge the piston pumps (left & right) so they can provide high pressure (5000psi) to drive to the wheel motors (left & right). On the machine there is also another seperate pump just to provide oil to the equipment hydraulics (loader/bucket). This is a completely different circuit than the transmission pumps. You have not yet said that there is a light remaining on, at the dash. From your questions I am assuming that there is a problem somewhere? If a light was staying on & the machine performed perfectly with regards to the drive performance. It could be possible that there could be 1) a faulty switch or sender unit 2) damaged wiring - worn wiring harness somewhere with wires touching steel & grounding the circuit & causing warning light to remain on.

  13. #13terraplenagem2012-07-18 21:50

    Dear friend, your post was extremely important to me. You were perfect in its explanation and learned much about the hydrostatic system of this machine. The indicator light on, it stays off for about 20-30 minutes work. After, it is then illuminated at all times when the engine is on, together with the audible signal. However, I can work all day without any change in the behavior of the machine. The only apparent defect realize that sometimes, very rarely, is that the wheels threaten to stop for 1 second and back to normal. I realize during the day, about 3 or 4 times this sort of thing. And of course, I already mentioned, if compared to other machines that have the drive of the bucket is extremely slow, even accelerating the engine. About my machine, bought it in 2011 already used. It was sold in Brazil as 2002 (though, I think that was manufactured in 99/2000, however, must have been some problems with the import, because the invoice is displayed as the year 2002. Are today with 3100 hours, very well preserved. I paid her the equivalent of US$ 25,000 (Bobcat S300, the same year, here in Brazil costs US$ 40,000). Already, many thanks for your help.

  14. #14alrman2012-07-18 22:57

    The picture of the manual I showed earlier was for a 60/70 XT. The 95XT will have that light option. Shown highlighted below are 2 pressure sensors for the brakes, these are most likely to be the ones that are causing the alarm to go off. The park brake uses charge pressure to release. If the light is on after 20-30min work & random brake applications are happening, I would be checking the pressure with a test gauge to be sure that it is OK. You will need to check it cold & after operating temperature is reached & compare readings. I am not 100% sure of what that pressure is as I do not have the specific manual, but it should be around 400psi minimum at full rpm. I don't know if you have any hydraulic test equipment & if you have the ability to do the test, but it is a concern that the light /alarm sounds after operating temperature is reached. It may pay to have it tested by the dealer & catch a problem early, before it turns into BIG $$$ repair........

  15. #15terraplenagem2012-07-19 10:43

    Thank you for your help my friend. I'll check the connections to make sure it is not bad contact of electrical wiring with this devices (sender / switch). If everything is ok, try to see if any shop has equipment to do the pressure test. Having to resort to the dealership is really the latter, unfortunately, it seems that it is cheaper to buy a new machine than repair the old one with them (in case of imported machines). Must be due to the high tax burden on imported products from the Brazilian government, a big mistake to try to protect domestic industry. Strange that while the American or European products are absurdly expensive Chinese products (waste) come here cheaper than domestic ones. Well, thanks for the help. May God bless you and your family. Hug!