Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 95xt stuck in park

samfaucette ยท 2013-11-01 20:06

I have an early model 95xt (the best I can tell) It would randomly lock itself in park. it would release itself at random. now it is locked down for good. both the green lights for the seat sensor and seat bar are lit but the park light is lit and drive nor boom will work. I ordered a manual but to check some things tomorrow I would like to know are the only safeties the seat, seat bar, cab down, park switch on left control ? ? and is the big 2 wire solenoid mounted at your left foot under the floor a final hyd. release when all the switches check off and it gets 12 volts? lastly I was told you can get trouble codes out of the computer is there a data link some where? or a light flash thanks, Sam

Replies5
  1. #1Renyz2013-11-02 20:12

    Wow I feel your pain I have a 75xt, and a 465 and have toiled with this same problem for years. I finally solved the problem today. Hence the reason for this reply if I can save someone some major pain and time. I have replaced many things including the main ignition board on both machines. This time I did not want to pay another 400 bucks to continue to use my machine. So today I discovered which wire to give juice to that solves the problem. It is in the main selonoid to the brake system. So once you give this wire juice it somehow resets and works for quite awhile. Once it locks again just pass power to the wire and again it will work on its own. Now this is if all other safety switches are still in operation. My issue was all switches were working fine, and I believe the problem was in the key panel again. Now mine locked up and would let me use the hydraulics but handles would move but the machine would not. Sometimes the hydraulics locked also, and the handles would also lock. These are the selonoids at the bucket control valve. So I just connected a wire to the main brake selonoid and when it locks up, I give it 12 volts and it works fine. Remember I give it power only for a second this frees everything up an works good. This is a better fix than paying all that money for panel after panel.

  2. #2samfaucette2013-11-02 20:38

    thanks for your reply I worked on mine today and it was voltage also. I started to ohm out the switches and found the lap bar had no voltage going to it so I went to the fuse/relay box and wiggled the interlock relay and it popped free so looking further all the relay receptacles and relay terminals were corroded and full of dirt. I pulled them all out and was cleaning them before a rain shower stopped me. I should be all good tomorrow it just intimidated me because I've never worked on one before and if you say just fix it at the dealer get ready. on mine under normal operation when i push the park button I can use the boom but not go forward and backward so it sound like you may have trouble on that circuit maybe when you back feed that circuit you sorta jump starts that relay to stay energized. im not real sure Im the kinda person that has to see it to understand it. what you have done seems to work. thanks Sam

  3. #3pajibson2013-11-13 12:38

    I have worked on a number of skid steers and telehandlers both that had mysterious electrical gremlins.. I have gotten to the point that I include cleaning all the fuseblock and relay connections in any routine maintenance service on them. It is certainly the first thing I do on any troubleshooting call. constructionis site dust, mud and cement(a lot of my customers are masonry companies) wreak havoc on those things after a few seasons.

  4. #4samfaucette2013-11-13 17:37

    yes maintenance was not at the top of the last owners list I had to clean the belly out it had so much mud it was even with the pumps I think they let it sit outside and moisture got in to the electrical. I've used it a lot since working on it and think its going to be ok thanks Sam

  5. #5Farmkid2014-01-03 20:43

    I have this problem on my 75 XT but only when it is below 35 degrees F. Do you think it is the same problem?