Ok, so I have a 87 Case 580K...several people around town have told me I should put the dipper down when I park/store the BH. When I park it rite now I simply lock the dipper the way I was shown by you fine people in the "for transport" position... Any one have input?:beatsme
I have 3 case backhoes and allways leave them in the "Transport Positions"when not in use . No proplems yet
I've tried to explain that its not stressing the hydrolic's to the people who have mentioned it, but none of them beleave me, or they are insistant that its still stressing the system...
Well, tell them to let the air out of their tires at night because all that pressure is stressing the rubber. When you drop the lock on a 580K boom...it's locked, period. There's no stress on the boom lift cylinder. It's relaxed and ready to go to bed.
Just a me too... When It's locked, it's locked... I usually pull on all the levers to let the pressure off but of course it never moves.
We started lowering the rear boom to the ground back in the 70's, but for a different reason. We were having the buckets getting stolen, by someone backing their pickup under them, and knocking the pins out. We've not had a bucket stolen off a machine since then... But have had a 580C, 580D (recovered) 2 580 Super E's and a 580 Super K stolen. All were locked up, the D had a fuel lock on it, the E's had hydraulic "POWERLOCKS" on them, and the Super K had the manual kill lever wired back under the hood with padlocks on both the dash and hood.
Wow, thats tough, lucky for me theft isnt much of an issue around here, AND if some one started my Hoe, I would hear it... I wake people up with it regularly when I start it to do work around the house early in the morn... Early being between 7 and 9am for them... now bucket theft... something I hadnt thought about... Thanks for the rest of your input guys, I didnt think it was an issue, but I figured I'de ask the brain trust here.