Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case bucket.

sr-oz ยท 2013-08-31 04:12

What size (width) is the narrowest case bucket you can get? Have they got a particular name?

Replies7
  1. #1Tinkerer2013-08-31 06:06

    More information is needed. What particular model backhoe. Any particular width ? I have never seen one less than 12 inches wide. The 12 inch ones are real pain to keep the inside clean when digging in wet or sticky soil.

  2. #2sr-oz2013-08-31 06:37

    It's a 580 sr 09 model. I had a feeling you can get them in about 8 inch wide or 200 mm mainly for a narrow trench for pvc stormwater pipe etc when you don't need it a foot wide. They are quite narrow and deep with a real curl in them. Thanks .

  3. #3bowen2013-08-31 07:31

    This guy made one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMUv5HiyilQ Or this http://www.trencherbucket.com/Page_2_WA1K.html

  4. #4sr-oz2013-08-31 08:02

    Cool bowen, they seem to work well.

  5. #5sr-oz2013-08-31 08:19

    Think I've just found it on google images. Cribbing bucket.

  6. #6DirtIsMyName2013-09-01 17:11

    I thought about mounting a tooth from a box blade. It would take some welding. You could stack two side by side for more width.

  7. #7mitch5042013-09-01 17:44

    My b-I-l made one for his JD from a piece of 4" angle iron with the open side toward the tractor and the back reinforced. It works great in clay.