Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case bucket interchangeability

thirdcoaster ยท 2009-09-12 16:22

I searched but didn't find a resource on this. I have a 2008 Case 580 SM with the extendahoe. A guy in a nearby town has a bucket that I would like to buy, but his machine is a 580L. Will his bucket fit my hoe? I'm not too lazy to call the dealer, they are just closed on the weekend. What is the going rate for a barely-used 12" bucket? It still has most of the original paint.

Replies16
  1. #1willie592009-09-12 17:03

    I'm thinking they use different buckets. They have part #s that are different at the online parts book. Can't say for sure though. :beatsme

  2. #2alrman2009-09-13 05:12

    As long as you both use the quick assist link they should be the same - not sure on price for US situation, here in Australia a good 12" bucket $300 - $500 depending on the seller.

  3. #3cat3202009-09-13 09:27

    I think they might be the same take a look on here for pricing http://www.aimattachments.com/index.cfm thing to do is just take measurments between the pins or ears

  4. #4JS580SL2009-09-17 19:12

    if it fits a 580L with or without the Case coupler it will fit an SM. Just an example, bucket on the machine I run(580M) use to go on a 580SL.All Case buckets should fit any case model.

  5. #5thirdcoaster2009-09-17 19:25

    Thanks for the replies. I spoke with a contractor that runs all Case backhoes, and he said that his "L" and "M" units share buckets. I'm going to pick the bucket up tomorrow & am taking a tape measure to verify fitment before I hand over the cash.

  6. #6gggraham2009-09-18 00:48

    Bucket Interchange The 580SL/L series will interchange depending on the bucket. The newer 580L had the increased rotation coupler on some. Here is a chart by part number. The part number of the bucket is on the welded tag.

  7. #7illinoisboy2009-09-18 00:56

    Where is a good place to find a ditching bucket for a 580 k? What does one go for?

  8. #8amunderdog2009-09-18 18:21

    What he said. I need one for digging graves.

  9. #9heavylift2009-09-18 18:36

    ebay... iron planet.... ritchie bros...purple wave auction... we have a wain roy coupler.... on the the 580's cases..... 410 deeres and an old 190 deere.... I think buckets are .... 2-12" .. 1-18".. 2-24'' ..1-30" ..1-36" only bad thing is the coupling get really sloppy over time..

  10. #10scottgs2014-08-16 10:22

    Does anyone know where to get a readable copy of the Case Bucket Interchange Chart in the post above? The attached photo is much to low resolution to be very useful. Such a tease! Garret

  11. #11melben2014-08-17 09:11

    If you are using Windows you can magnify it up, I did it at 425% and it was fairly clear, not perfect but studying it a bit you can figure it out. My screen has a magnifying glass with a 100% number by it and clicking on the mag glass opens a window to increase the magnification. HTH. Mel.

  12. #12scottgs2014-08-19 18:36

    Thanks Mel. I tried it, and although still fuzzy, I was able to make out the information I needed. So I got a 580CK bucket which should fit my 580SE backhoe. Will know for sure soon. Now if my backhoe just had working brakes... Garret

  13. #13melben2014-08-19 18:56

    Garret, I am a veteran of mmmmmmany 580C brake jobs ans will tell you that you may as well bite the bullet and replace all the cylinders with new. Most times the masters are pitted in the bottom of the bore and rebuilding is less than ideal. Make sure the new slaves are set up for TCH or Hytran. If the brakes have been inoperable for some time the walls will be pitted badly. It's no fun to do it once let alone doing it over.

  14. #14scottgs2014-08-19 19:28

    Mel, thanks for the advice. Is it the same with the late 580SE wet brakes which use the big coke-can sized slave cylinder? That's what's on mine. I agree, on just buying completely new on something this old with questionable maintenance. The master's aren't too terrible, I think about $275 each. But I noted that new slave cylinders for the earlier version of 580 are one tenth the price, about $50 each, not $500, like mine, naturally. It is a little shocking to think I'll be spending $1,700 just for brake cylinders, before I get to the actual brakes! Garret

  15. #15melben2014-08-19 19:54

    If you have the later setup they are usually rebuildable, disassemble then and look at the walls.

  16. #16styxplo2014-08-20 20:39

    What does the number 1 mean in the chart?