Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case case 590 super m hydraulic issues.

Ptrow86 · 2023-06-12 11:45

Hello everyone, The 590 I’m currently working on was working fine and all at once they lost power steering and the loader hydraulics. The hoe and stabilizers work, but they are slow. Pump pressure is 2500 psi on the right hand fitting (viewed from back of machine) the left hand fitting doesn’t move the gauge at all when I max out the outriggers or any other hoe control. Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly

Replies8
  1. #1gggraham2023-06-12 14:55

    Priority Spool in the pump is most likely sticking.

  2. #2Ptrow862023-06-12 16:25

    Thanks for the idea. Does the pump have to be pulled to get to it? I work on excavators more than these things. I have a digital service manual, but it’s a pain to navigate.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2023-06-12 22:40

    Is this a 590SM or a 590SM series 2

  4. #4Ptrow862023-06-13 10:58

    w series 2

  5. #5Ptrow862023-06-13 17:45

    I don’t know what I was thinking when I asked that. I pulled out that spool and everything was smooth

  6. #6Ptrow862023-06-13 19:13

    Series 3. My fat fingers hit the wrong key.

  7. #7Ptrow862023-06-15 16:44
  8. #8Coy Lancaster2023-06-15 17:23

    That'll cause problems.