Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Case CX225SR Swing motor Hyd leak

Bala ยท 2012-08-16 05:19

I have a Case CX225SR that has a hyd oil leak at the swing motor, from other posts on similar subject it looks like it has been called a rotary or swivel joint, Anyone have experience with this problem on this machine? Wondering if its something I can order a kit for and reseal or if they have a common problem of rusted shafts or similar things? Cheers Max

Replies10
  1. #1grandkobelco2012-08-16 05:56

    The swivel joint,/ rotory joint is mounted very low in the center of the top frame underneath, and behind the main boom pin. The swing motor is a much larger unit mounted behind the swivel joint. Any oil leak can be fixed if you figger out wear it's coming from.

  2. #2Bala2012-08-16 15:58

    The leak is from the swivel joint, I have cleaned it up and checked it out.

  3. #3willie592012-08-16 19:33

    Is it leaking from the top or bottom of rotary joint? Or is it leaking from one or more of the fittings connected to rotary joint. Removing the rotary joint is typically a task, and more so on that machine being a zero tail swing unit, everything is cramped for space. Hoses have to be disconnected from top and bottom of rotary joint, joint gets pulled from above. If you're a big fella, you're gonna be using some choice swear words.

  4. #4grandkobelco2012-08-16 19:39

    Swivel joints are easyer than swing motors. I don't know much about case but all these things basicly work the same. Drian pressure from the tank. Remove all the hyd lines from the top (mabey 6?) and cap them. Remove the bolt that threads into the side of it that stops the top half from spinning. Remove all the lines from the bottom and cap them. These may by hard steel tubes and are miserable to work with. The swivel joint falls out the bottom after you remove the three mabey four bolts. I would use a jack of some kind cus this thing is to heavy for me to handle. A seal kit should be avalible from any case dealer. Have fun, wes.

  5. #5willie592012-08-16 20:06

    I could be looking at this wrong, but it looks like it's pulled from the top when looking at parts diagram.

  6. #6Bala2012-08-16 21:45

    Its leaking from the top of the swivel joint, I was hoping it was a hose or fitting but had already checked, thats why I am here. Im not big bit is still a bit of a pain to get at, but thats life, Any chance of the rest of that parts picture?? Thanks for the replies

  7. #7willie592012-08-16 22:03

    Can you not access the Case website and get parts info in Queensland Bala? If not, I would be glad to post other diagrams for you, but I can't say a N American machine would be the correct parts diagram. Would be nice if alrman popped in here about now.

  8. #8Bala2012-08-16 22:50

    I can yes, I had a look when I was up in PNG last week and came up blank, but I have had another look and its all good. Thanks for the help, cheers.

  9. #9willie592012-08-16 22:57

    Awesome, carry on.

  10. #10grandkobelco2012-08-17 05:58

    Good work willy 59, i did admit i didn't know much about case, but a pic is worth a thousand words!:notworthy