Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case CK 580B Shuttle Trans Dipstick question

BornforIT · 2020-10-12 21:57

Hi, I just bought a 580B and am going through the usual fluid/filter flush and change. I found the loader hydraulic fill hole open (unplugged) and the Shuttle Dipstick tube (hole in floor in front of shifter) had only a cap on it not a dipstick. I did find a dipstick in the toolbox inside the cab but am not sure which one it is. My parts manual shows 2 different dipsticks, one for shuttle and other for transaxle. Can anyone please confirm the length of the shuttle dipstick (in front of the shifter)? I have added a picture of the dipstick that I found and want to know if someone can confirm which this is? Is this the correct length one for the front Shuttle hole in floor (engine side of shifter). I am sure I will have more questions but thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Replies4
  1. #1Putnamhillww12020-10-15 17:03

    My 580B has a distinct with 2 notches on it for the shuttle, the one in the rear end has only 1 notch. I could measure it if needed.

  2. #2BornforIT2020-10-15 20:37

    This dipstick does have 2 notches on it. The dipstick near the seat is a bit longer than this one. I can’t get this dipstick to go in properly. I took pictures of the hole it should go in. I don’t think this looks right but could use someone else’s perspective. I have attached pictures that show what I am talking about...

  3. #3XessReality2020-10-15 22:17

    This is my 580b dipstick for the transmission. The one closer to the seat to the rear of the gear shift

  4. #4XessReality2020-10-16 10:53

    Pretty sure (by process of elimination) that's the shuttle dipstick.. I will pull mine tonight if your still not sure...