On 3 axle 12k each elec over hydraulic brakes gooseneck trailer 30ft +5 dove. What truck? Too much for a 3500 dually? How about a F550 or Ram 5500? How about an old Chevy C7000 22.5 tires , 23,900 hydraulic 4 wheel discs with hydromax brake booster?
Are you being serious or trolling us? I can't fathom anyone considering towing that with a pickup, or any of the trucks/trailer you listed. You need a class 8 tandem truck + 20 ton air brake pintle hitch trailer or single axle semi to move that, minimum.
What is the GVW of the trailer? There are some high end gooseneck trailers that could carry that. They are really expensive, but they are out there. As far as the truck, the C7000 would not even be a consideration for me, nor would a 3500 DRW. Without doing the numbers, its hard to say if a 6500/650/750 could do that legally. Sometimes you don't know until you put it on a trailer and take it to scale and see how it weighs up.
Fords says they can roll with 37,200 lbs on an f350 with a gooseneck. I doubt you can get a 3 axle trailer and that machine within that weight. But according to there tow chart it will be real close.
I weight out at 20,000 on my trailer axles and the rest is on the tongue probably about 3500 lbs on the goose neck. You would need another 10k or 3 12ks axle and (I have 2 10ks). I am not sure you could get the tongue weight right because the machine will probably need the arm towards the back and you will get 6 or 7 k on the tongue unless you get a longer trailer and then it will more than likely be too heavy. But it might be right at max not sure until you hit the scales with the load on it. My machine weights about 17k. I doubt it will work. For close flat trips you might pull it off a few times. I want to see some pictures if you get the combo on the road! That would be right there at omg. The f550 is rated for less towing than the 350 or 450. But it's springs are bigger and stronger. You can put 10k on the bed of one of them. The numbers are based on the truck class and the f550 gets screwed.
OK thanks guys.
Diamond C (and others I am sure) make trailers that could carry that. You would likely need a triple axle trailer and enough length to get you past bridge law. DOT is not going to look at what the 550 is capable of towing as stated from the OEM. They will look at the tires, you would likely need at least 19's to get the weight capacity. I am speculating on that. I think you would need 550 pin weight capacity. I would make sure you are totally dialed in on your weights. If you pull a 130 with a pickup, you will attract DOT stops every where you go.
FMAX216 - Diamond C Trailers FMAX216 Fleetneck Engineered Beam gooseneck trailer. Legendary quality and craftsmanship, featuring our custom designed, engineered, and patented I-Beams. www.diamondc.com