Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case cx130

jo_311 · 2026-06-12 01:03

Have a case cx130 excavator that bogs down under heavy load unless I’m in L mode. Found boost leaks and fuel system sucking air but I repaired all that and while it’s better it’s still not right. I’ve heard of issues with the pump regulators on these causing the symptoms I’m having with bogging in H mode. Wondering if anyone could share some knowledge on that? Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1stephenrobinson987412026-06-12 06:26

    I'd say you're on the right track looking at the pump regulators. If it's noticeably better in L mode, that often points to the pumps not destroking correctly and overloading the engine in H mode. Since you've already fixed the boost and fuel issues, I'd check regulator operation, pump control pressures, and any related solenoids or sensors. A weak engine can cause similar symptoms, but the H vs. L mode difference makes me lean toward the hydraulic side.

  2. #2jo_3112026-06-13 23:09

    Thanks, Ill report back with what I find when I can check pressures.