Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case cx130 fuel shut off solenoid removal. 4bt

D-ROM ยท 2017-11-21 21:23

While I am waiting for the engine section that was omitted from my service manual to arrive I would like to get some info on this issue from someone who has experienced it. Engine is 4bt Cummins (or Japanese built clone?) the issue I am having is fuel solenoid, once unbolted, is trapped between block and injection pump. Is there a flat rate dealer tech trick to remove without removing pump? Thank you Dan Romano

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-11-22 06:56

    I'm not familiar w/ the problem.. do you have any pictures??

  2. #2mikebramel2017-11-22 09:58

    I think it comes out the bottom. I know what you are saying, swore it wouldn't come out. Another guy tried and and it took him 30 seconds LOL. All how you look at it I guess

  3. #3Wytruckwrench2017-11-22 10:27

    It has to be unbolted from its mounting plate, then slides out the bottom rear. Takes some fiddling to get it turned correctly. If I remember correctly.

  4. #4D-ROM2017-11-22 20:49

    Thanks all for replies. I will give it another attempt. Dan Romano