Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case CX130 Texas Hill Country Cedars

45operator ยท 2016-10-03 10:43

I have 50 acres of mixed cedar and oaks, I'm wondering if a case cx130 would be a good choice for clearing. I have 5800 foot of fence line to clear in a variety of soil, rock, sand. I also have a creek bed 1800 ft long that I would like to clear, but don't want to put a bull dozer in and demolish the banks.

Replies4
  1. #145operator2016-10-05 20:40

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2dirty4fun2016-10-05 21:04

    I owe one also depends on the size of the Oak trees, and number of them. I like mine a lot and it will handle quite a few things. The cedars will come out easy with it and unless a really big Oak you should be fine. I also like i that I can haul it without permits! Hope this helps ask away a lot of good into here to be gleaned.

  3. #390plow2016-10-06 21:12

    Like I said in my message to you I would buy a bigger machine like a 150 komatsu, 160 case, 315 cat or step up to a 200 size machine komatsu 200, cat 320 or 322, case 200 series or any brand really. Best thing to do is find a good dealer near you and find a machine they service so if you have issues help is close by. With 50 acres I'd buy a big machine.

  4. #445operator2016-10-07 19:09

    Thanks for the replies. The biggest oak would be 12inch diameter, 25 ft tall.