Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case cx130B cut out and won’t restart

James.m · 2025-08-03 06:07

2012 case cx130B I was two hours in to cleaning waterways and when spinning it just cut out just like you turned the key off the machine was under no strain at the time just spinning around and the engine never died down just cut out and now won’t restart just turns over with no smoke or even trying to fire just like the HP pump or injectors are switched off. checked fuel checked coolant checked oil lift pumps working and most the fault codes on screen are just the same little ones at had a long time and none related to the engine 7003 7040 7201 7202 but 7240 “ pump output power proportional valve “ mite be a new fault code can’t remember seeing that one before but then again it mite of been there a few weeks. Can that code cause the machine to cut the engine and won’t allow to restart like a safety thing to protect the hydraulic pump ? and if there was anything wrong with the fuel system then surly it would throw low pressure fault codes ? any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Replies7
  1. #1James.m2025-08-03 08:03

    Will blocked hydraulic filters make the machine shut off and throw that code 7240 I did think that before it happened then spinning it was a bit slower and not as responsive, I just tho Maybe the oil was just hot but maybe that was the filters getting blocked. I‘ve only Had the digger a few months and dont know when the filter would of been changed last I did the oil when I got it but never bothered doing the others as they looked new enough but maybe not.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-08-03 08:33

    While I’m not familiar with that machine, the way you described it shutting off, sounds like an electrical issue.

  3. #3James.m2025-08-03 13:13

    Hi Thanks for your reply Yeah your right it dose but I’d of though it would of through up some error codes or a engine fault on the screen , it’s just like something not letting it start but it’s not showing why , yet

  4. #4muzy2025-08-03 13:47

    I am not a mechanic by trade, but I am able to do some. My second thought as to why it is not not recording any faults is because what's happening is the same as if you shut the key off. When you shut the key off no fault is recorded So if you haven't cheeked anything, a good start would be battery, volt and amp check, fuses and relays if any, power to switch, switched power to, starter, solenoid, PCM. Are all the fluids topped? Add a S/N number to reply and I am sure someone will be by shortly. Cheers

  5. #5James.m2025-08-15 15:53

    Well very long story short but machine cutting out and throwing a fault code for 7240 and on further inspection the horsepower control valve and the N2 pressure sensor both not getting power was caused by one very burnt controller A . I’m very surprised that there wasn’t any other codes for so much damage.

  6. #6manuals2025-08-15 16:21

    If you share your exact machine model and serial number, I can give you the pin numbers, connector IDs, and spec voltages for your model — along with wiring path screenshots.

  7. #7James.m2025-08-15 16:31

    Hi thanks for your reply but hopefully / im pretty sure that a new controller A will fix all my problems