Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case CX160

Coy Lancaster ยท 2018-06-28 11:20

I have three seal kits for a Case CX160; arm cyl. boom cyl. and bucket cyl. pm me for information

Replies4
  1. #1looneytunes2018-06-29 16:58

    Hey Coy, not related to the seals but i could have used them a couple months ago. One boom is still leaking but don't thank I want to tackle that again for awhile. Lol I got a couple problems with my cx160 maybe u can help me with. This hoe has got 8400 hrs on it and my problem started when I reached in with a 7018 and welded the 2 cracks in the bell that holds the pump. I missed some oil in there when I steam cleaned it and a spot in the corner caught fire and burned the harness at the plug on the throttle motor. I ended up putting 2 throttle drivers and recently a new computer. It took 2 months to get it and supposedly programmed but I'm not getting but 3500 max pressure reading off the ck1 screen. That's one of my problems the other is the travel motor seal. I had to replace a couple of planetary gears plus the motor shaft a couple months ago. Everything been fine until recently when hydraulic oil started coming out around the outside cover of the final drive where gear oil is suppose to go. I assume that more seal is bad. It seeps pretty good just sitting still. I prolly should check the case drain I would thank. U thank I'm on the right page on this thang? I sho dread opening that dude back up and dropping another grand on it for sure. Every time I go to Scott tractor it's at least that. Lol I sure would appreciate your input or recommendations. Im Jeff Looney down here right out of texarkana

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2018-06-30 13:34

    The throttle motor has nothing to do with the pressure. I would check pressure with a gauge at the pump, just remove the pressure sensors and plumb in a pressure gauge, also check the pilot pump pressure. And another thought is the control solenoids in the manifold right at tank. On the final drive the motor shaft seal is the problem and needs to be replaced. I would look at replacing the final drive with a refurbished one. I use reliable aftermarket parts ph# 888-672-7876 or conequip. The part# for final drive is KLA0156 and the shaft seal part# is LE00982, I hope this helps. I'm up near Jonesboro, AR

  3. #3looneytunes2018-07-01 10:21

    Thanks much for the info Coy...

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2018-07-01 10:24

    No problem good luck.