Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case CX210C Fuel Filter Issues

Shimmy1 ยท 2015-11-24 21:58

This should maybe be in the "Things I've seen me do" thread. Taking down trees, didn't want to waste time putting thumb on until morning. Tree got away, part came around and landed on right side of machine, right on fuel tank filler neck. Fuel cap flies, tree bends the neck all to hell, fills the screen full of tree stuff. I assumed screen caught most of the chunks, but today fuel filter indicator comes on. Drive 120 miles to get filters because (of course) nobody has them. Changed out, ran 3 hours, plugged. Changed out, 3 hours, plugged. I hope there isn't a check valve/screen somewhere between primary filter and tank because I pushed some air back through and going to give it a go tomorrow. Looking in tank, I can see through the fuel and does not appear to be anything in bottom of tank. I guess my question for a Case guy(since I don't have a parts book) is there anything besides hose between primary filter and tank outlet?

Replies4
  1. #1tool_king2015-11-25 00:40

    Check to make sure the banjo bolts don't have a screen in them .that would explain running three hours than dieing.

  2. #2Shimmy12015-11-25 01:13

    If it bothers tomorrow, I will take it off and check it.

  3. #3farmerlund2015-11-25 19:17

    Shimmy did the tank vent get plugged or smashed. when it dies see if fuel cap is vacuumed on to tank.

  4. #4Shimmy12015-11-25 20:53

    The banjo fitting on filter housing plugged up 3 times today, been running now for about 6 hours no problems. Should be the end I hope. Only takes about 5 min to pull the fitting and clean it, just a PIA. No chance of the cap vacuuming to tank. Filler neck is screwed. I managed to get it just good enough that the cap will stay on. This winter I'm going to have to pull tank off and get a new filler neck welded on.