Hi all, new to this so here goes. My 2001 CX23’s safety has taken a nose dive of late, as I exit the cab and raise the control shutoff lever, the hydraulics are still operational. Raising the arm should make it safe but it isn’t. I have replaced the switch in the arm and can hear it switching and ohm’d it out but it still doesn’t kill the hydraulics. I have traced wires but find both wires go to 2 different components and I am a wee bit lost. I include photos of the 2 parts, but what I can say is I swapped one of the YJ24E relay units with another as there are 3 in the machine but this made no difference. The other wire goes to the Indicator CS9011 part but I don’t know it’s function so left well enough alone. I find it impossible to find a wiring diagram online so any guidance is much appreciated.
I would be surprised if the hyd shutoff lever just worked some type of electrical switch. I would think that there is a mechanical linkage to a real hyd valve that cuts off the hyd flow to make it safe. Usually there is an electrical switch that keeps you from being able to start it in the 'operate' position. But something more substantial to make it 'safe' in off position.
Good day AC If you have a wiring & hydraulic schematic we can talk you through the issue. kind regards Uffex