Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case cx250d batteries

cric8192 ยท 2023-11-25 23:50

Hello, I am needing to replace the 2 batteries in a case cx250d. This seemingly simple task has gotten confusing. The batteries are covered in Japanese writing and have the brand Delkor with the number 130E41R they are 110AH 800CCA. From my research this is a JIS japanese battery number and isn't available locally. A cat battery reference chart shows this subs up to a group 29h battery but they are only available in 660cca. It also notes an N100 battery in this same document but again only available in 720cca. Case gives another number in addition to the Jap battery B510259 which appears to be a standard group 31 truck battery. This would be 3" shorter on length per battery and roughly 1.25" taller which will cause issues with the hold down bolts. Not sure how or why there are such odd batteries in this run of the mill case can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2023-11-26 12:30

    Japan and Europe have different battery standards, so it's not surprising if there's not a direct replacement. If group 31 can be made to fit, that's what I'd use, threaded stud terminals anytime I can change the cable ends, but I wouldn't use adapters if the cable ends are good yet. Two 750CCA group 31 should start that 4 cyl Isuzu fine. I prefer 700 or 750 group 31 over the 900+CCA group 31 on the theory that they're the same weight, so the plates are thicker and more durable, so should last longer.

  2. #2cric81922023-12-05 21:23

    I wanted to update this thread- the group 31 batteries ended up being the same height as the Japanese batteries despite what spec sheets say. I was able to use original hold downs although each battery is much shorter it worked out fine. Thanks