Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case cx36b…correct place?

Kip Nix ยท 2021-08-01 09:14

Hi, my name is Kip and I am in South Alabama. I hope this is the correct place to ask a mini ex question. New to me 2011 cx36b, it was not taken care of, probably paid too much for it. has 1900 hrs, I have replaced all bushing at end of stick. Replaced all fluids, replaced all rollers, it runs excellent, just has rust issues on I undercarriage since being used in all the salty mud down here. That is a work in progress. Got to do some digging yesterday and found that when I have the blade down and have front raised a little, if I pull hard on a root, the boom hydro can make the blade push back up. I can hear it in the manifold area...when I pull hard, it will force the blade up and hear fluid being forced back Into the manifold. Could this just be a weak blade cylinder? No leaks. Thank you for any advice.

Replies3
  1. #1Kip Nix2021-08-01 11:01

    There is wetness around the end of the cylinder, but not dripping.

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2021-08-03 11:51

    Hey Kip; welcome to HEF. The issue with blade is it's probably going over relief when you put pressure on it. You may need to do a pressure test on the blade circuit and the rest of the machine as well.

  3. #3Kip Nix2021-08-03 12:24

    Ok. Something I can do? I restore old military vehicles for a hobby...i am handy but am pretty new to hydraulics. Thank you for the reply!