Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case CX370C diagnostic ports and options

ROAMER_AUS ยท 2024-01-27 16:43

Hi all! I need to find out how to connect to this machine with diagnostics. I have CNH diagnostic, but I don't have cabling required. With my cable I can only connect to engine. Apparently to connect to rest of the machine you need Y cable and cable with the box containing 2 switches. Does anybody have any information on these cables? Can they be made? Schematic or pinouts? In the post below is the photo of connectors on the machine. Top left port is where I can conect with my cable but program sees only ECU. I don't know what OBD port next to it is for. In the manual it is shown that Y cable connects to grey square connector on the bottom, but on my machine it is already plugged into anothe connector. Please let me know! Thank you!!!

Replies5
  1. #1ROAMER_AUS2024-01-27 16:50
  2. #2LACHAU2024-02-01 05:59

    CNH Diagnostic tool can read the trouble code of the engine only. If you need to read the machine's error code, you can use the error reading function available right on the machine's screen. Go to "SERVICE SUPPORT" screen then go to "CHECK"===>"FAULT HISTORY". In addition, there are many machine parameters that you can check in the "SERVICE MENU" section on the machine's screen.

  3. #3ROAMER_AUS2024-02-01 08:16

    Thanks for the info Lachau!!! Do you know that the OBD port next to J1939 is for? Is it same as J1939 or something else?

  4. #4LACHAU2024-02-01 10:10

    Their functions are the same

  5. #5LACHAU2024-02-01 22:08

    It is simply a J1939OBD 2 conversion cable (split adapter) .