I have a used but basically new Case CX80C Midi Excavator with about 20 hours. When i received it I could not setup the lockout pass code for theft prevention. I assume that this was turned off by the original dealer and was never turned back on. However there is no way to turn this on from any of the settings that I have found. I suspect that there is a way to turn this on from another setup menu on the onboard computer. However I cannot find out how to get into the advanced settings page and can only get to the basic settings page. Does anyone know how to get into the advanced setting menu for this machine? Thanks
You need to plug in the anti-theft wires, it is below the relay panel behind the seat. It is a purple/green wire and a black/green wire on butt connectors. You then turn on the key, and set your code number. To activate the anti-theft, you then have to cycle the key 2 times quickly (monitor will beep). If you just turn off the key the anti-theft will not set.
Thanks for the help Gary, Thanks for your help. So simple but even the CASE dealer didn't readily know this information.
Hi, I have the same problem but really struggling to find the wires. Are you able to help locate them. I’ve took the panel behind the seat off, and the relay panel. Still unable to find the wires!