i bought a used Case D1150 crawler loader and the range shifter is stuck in high. When you try to shift to low it only moves about a half inch and it sounds like it it hitting up against something in the transmission. I see from the service manual that this rod pushes against a fork to slide a collar onto either the low or high gear. Question is thoughts on what could be wrong and how to fix it?
Welcome to HEF JD1150! To change ranges you would do it with the engine turned off, is that how you are attempting to do this? With the engine running you will only grate the gears.... .
Yes tried it many ways including off and everything in neutral. I bought it thinking everything worked drove it in high range. Can't get it loaded out of the owners yard. Owner it taking responsibility and getting it looked at. I think the shift coller does not want to engage inside. Not sure the lever only wants to move a little bit.
If the range lever has not been moved in a long time, it just may be that the lever pivots are a little seized up. There is a detent ball as well, if there was alot of crud accumulated in the spring it may affect it also..
Thanks Alrman I wandered about that spring and ball. I seen it in the book. When you try to move the lever it feels like something is not meshing up and hitting something
Is that spring hard to get to. It's on the side of the cover I know.
To be honest, I can't recall. The Case website doesn't seem to include that model so I can't double check. I would have thought it was under the housing..... but like I say, I can't recall for a certainty. Either way I'm sure it is accessible ..... with a belly guard off .. ..... (edit) I did find the parts breakdown on the EU site - go figure?.... & yes, the detent is from the side
My service manual shows it on the side of the cover. This model does not have a pan under the tranny. The suspension bars are in the way though. I think the best way is from up top thru the service plates.
Sounds like fun!
I am sure it will be thanks.