CASE DL550B VS CASE TV620B - who has lined up for either? - which did you go for? - why? - steel or rubber? - who is considering either? - which one and why? - has anyone heard anything on the pricing front?
I have run them both. The 620 is more practical for what I need. The local dealer has one (620) coming and it is spoken for. Being able to move 1.5 cy at a time is pretty attractive, essentially a 590 SN bucket capacity in a CTL. The dozer on the 550 is pretty impressive, it had the steel tracks on it. Hooks up well and plenty of power. The rippers are really handy. The Leica system on it is really bad ass. I just personally don't do a lot of work like that. I ran the 620 on a mulcher and it was very impressive. A lot can be done with that kind of capacity. The machines are definitely built heavy duty. I am not sure if I will order one or not, if work looks good next year, I may order one. However, I need a new 160/210 more than I need a bigger CTL. I am not sure what the price tag is on them, never heard anything official.
KSSS - have you run other small dozers (of any brand) to provide a comparison? The DL550B definitely has the multipurpose advantage - but at what cost to pushing/ripping performance when compared to a dedicated dozer? When you talk about the capacity of the 620 - are you referring to the aux hydraulic capacity or just the sheer size of the attachments you can run? I don't recall anything about the aux hydraulic capacity of the DL550B - one would think pretty similar?
I rent a 750M on occasion. The 550 likely wouldn't push like that will. The 550 had the Leica set up and I was pushing to finish grade, my use with the 750's isn't for finish grade, just pushing out larger amounts of material than I want to push with my 450B. The ability to multipurpose with the 550 is really what is attractive about it. It will push very well, it weighs like 16K, but the track length is not as great as some of the smaller dozers like the 750M so I would not anticipate moving the same amount of material. However you put a bucket on it and you can load trucks and do lift and carry type projects as well. I would anticipate the ROI being higher for operations that would like one machine to be able to do multiple tasks. When I mention capacity on the 620 I meant everything, from the lifting capacity, high flow capacity, bucket breakout and so forth. The machine resets what a CTL can do, capacity wise. I am not sure what the aux specs are on the 550, I would agree, I assume they are about the same, but honestly I am not sure. The controls on the 550 are dozer like, and I really liked running it with those controls. You can shift into gears like a dozer both forward and reverse. They put a lot of time into that system and it seems to work really well.
KSSS - thankyou for you insights! I think a DL550B would serve well for site clearing/cleanup, fence lines, fire breaks, access/utility tracks and that kind of work - where you can push debris into piles or windrow it, and then swap to a bucket or a grapple and move it around or load it into trucks or whatever. Not sure when or if we'll ever see them down here in Australia - but I do hope so!
My dealer has 2 620s coming in I believe this month and 2 first quarter 2022. Salesman told me $82,000 for a loaded one. I thought that was pretty fair to be honest. He just quoted me $71k for a new 450B so really not that much more expensive. Edit: Forgot to mention but all 4 already have signed sales orders
Wow! I would have guessed they would be about 100K. That is very reasonable for a machine with that kind of capability. On a side note, I paid about the same for my 450B.
It is very sharp pricing! I wonder how it will compare with the DL550B? I hope it's price tag isn't ridiculous!
If Both the dl550b and tv620b are equipped with steel tracks are the Undercariage and final drives the same? It seems to me they should have given the 620 more hp for the size of it.
To revive an old thread - Australia is FINALLY getting the DL550B Minotaur! Due early next year. I got a quote from the local dealer today. 90in Blade, 14in single grouser steel tracks and rippers. $370K AUD. As of now, that's $239,408.50 USD!! Does anyone have current or recent USD pricing on the same spec? Surely you guys aren't paying that?!
HOLY CRAP!! Buy a Cat 953 instead…..
Well my position on this changed since we last chatted about this. I put my name on a DL550 that is supposed to be here in Sept/Oct. I didn't order it, but after some thought, I am good with how it is coming in. It has the rippers, and rubber tracks (that was the issue I was most concerned about). CammoCase I will PM you.
I bought my Minotaur today. They are dropping it off tomorrow. Now I have to give up H pattern and learn ISO. That will give me something to do this Winter, I guess.