Do all excavators have case drain filters for the final drives? I have a hitachi 200lc-3 and I cannot find the case drain filters. I’ve traced the lines from the final drives back to the pump and there’s nothing inline that looks like a case drain filter found on other machines.
Dunno about your specific machine but usually all the case drains from pumps/motors, etc, all go back to a single case drain filter, often mounted on the outside of the hydraulic tank.
Good day Attached lines from 200-2 I believe are the same drain goes to tank filters. Kind regards Uffex
Thanks nige and uffex. So no specific little filter for the drives. All served by the filter in the tank. I was worried something was being overlooked but if they are basically taken care of during a regular hydraulic filter service then I shouldn’t have anything to be worried about. I was just reading about the trouble overlooked case drain filters can cause so that got me looking into them.
Just want to correct my previous post incase someone else has the same machine and doesn't know. The case drains go to one filter outside the tank as Nige suggested, not inside the tank. They call it a pilot filter, it's right behind the engine oil filter.