Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Drain Location on Bobcat T320

blainex60 ยท 2013-03-06 16:28

Wanted to do some preventative maintaince since i bought this machine used and not sure if the filter in the case drain has been changed. I'm pretty sure i've located it but don't want to take apart the wrong fittings. On another note i'll be changing the oil in the drive motors and was wondering if the track has to come off. Any info would be great THANKS

Replies8
  1. #1Bobcatdan2013-03-06 18:50

    Aluminum canister in more or less center of machine with five hoses going to it. Plug to drain the end oil is facing out, very easy to get at.

  2. #2blainex602013-03-06 19:06

    Thanks bobcatdan thats what i thought at first but just wanted to be sure.

  3. #3blainex602013-03-06 19:11

    About changing the oil in the track drive motors, in the manual it says just to park with the allen screw facing down and just drain it out. I asked the mechanic at my dealership and he said the track has to come off to drain it completly anyone did this before?? which is the right way to do it? I'm all for not taking the track off haha... Thanks

  4. #4Hardline2013-03-06 22:05

    I have a customer with a couple t190s an the tracks and sprockets have to come off. I was told the larger didn't need to come off.

  5. #5ctheddy2013-03-06 22:08

    I'm guessing the mechanic would remove the track to get to a outgoing fitting and drain it there ??? I would drain it per manual instructions unless you have experienced a hydraulic failure of some sort and or aiming to remove contaminated oil.

  6. #6Bobcatdan2013-03-07 07:11

    T190 the track has to come off as the drain plug is behind the sprocket. Large frames are different and track does not need to come off.

  7. #7T2002013-03-07 12:23

    Is the oil in the drive motor seperate from the rest of the hydraulic system? I just removed the lines on mine and want to make sure filling the resevoir for the main hydraulics will top of the drive motors again.

  8. #8Bobcatdan2013-03-07 19:43

    The motor itself uses the main hydraulic fluid. The end oil is only for the bearings in the drive hub.