667ta/edj any one know how much emissions are on these motors. Tier 3 but I don't know exactly what that has on it. I assume egr and particulate filter. But I'm just guessing.
667TA has internal EGR, by use of a extra lobe on the cam shaft. That's it. Just don't try and do a typical valve set, because the extra cam lobe will screw you up. Each cylinder needs to be at TDC to set the valves.
Thanks for the info. I've never heard of egr from a valve in the head running off of the cam. Is that a better more reliable method. Is there a egr cooler? Sounds like a totally different concept than cummins uses.
was the 667TA a Iveco derivative?
667TAA is a Iveco. Part of the NEF engine series. The EGR action is done with the extra lobe on the cam. This makes the exhaust valve open at the same time as the intake valve. Very reliable system, less parts, no EGR cooler or other parts normally associated with EGR. The EGR does eat up some horse power. I have heard of people grinding off the extra cam lobe at a machine shop. Not really worth doing in my opinion.