Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Excavator with 200 feet of stick??

kshansen ยท 2014-07-10 09:20

Was told today that a new hire here claims at his last job he ran a Case excavator with 200 feet of stick on it. Some here think this would be a handy machine for cleaning out our settling pond Just wondering how many yards the bucket is!

Replies13
  1. #1clintm2014-07-10 10:26

    first it could not be a dirt machine it would have to have been a high reach demolition machine but that's still a stretch (most) of those are less than 120' there are taller ones but not many

  2. #2mitch5042014-07-10 10:44

    Oh Yeah! I ran one of those for 40 years! The first one we had, had a clamp on the end of the stick to hold a teaspoon; but just before I quit, to run the space shuttle transporter, we got a new Super HD model that used a tablespoon!

  3. #3Deeretracks2014-07-10 11:21

    And on a Case of all things? :beatsme

  4. #4Mike L2014-07-10 13:08

    No pictures- never happened

  5. #5lantraxco2014-07-10 14:06

    Around a hundred foot seems to be the current practical limit, though as clintm said it is remotely possible it could be a high reach machine. You might ask him to show you how much "six inches" is, that may explain the inaccuracy?

  6. #6CDUB2014-07-12 23:47

    I've interviewed several "operators" who claimed to have ran dozers all the way up to D12's. I never asked them about long reach excavators.

  7. #7lantraxco2014-07-12 23:56

    TD12, ummm...no, HD12, er no dang it, HD24 I'm purty sure... er no, it WAS a CAT 12 blade, with all them lever thangs that hurt yer knuckles? Never actually got to run it 'cause the pony motor wouldn't start, but I made that "bbbbbrrrrrr" noise with my lips and moved the lever thangs around some.....

  8. #8CDUB2014-07-12 23:58

    You're hired!

  9. #9Desertwheeler2014-07-13 00:00

    Haha yeah a guy at work swore the job by his house had a d12lol. 200 feet of stick huh lol!

  10. #10Deeretracks2014-07-13 01:15

    That's ok, our best mainline digger swore to me that the 385c he ran before he worked for us had 1200hp. He said our 365c must be close to 800hp. LOL

  11. #11hmearth2014-07-13 05:59

    200 foot stick wow I didn't know case made an excavator big anoth to support such reach

  12. #12CM19952014-07-13 13:10

    :lmao 200' that's short and limited on reach. We use 3-400' units here to clear and grub. That way you don't have to move the track hoe as much. Sit in the center of 2 acres and pretty much reach everything. Time is money!:tong Makes truck loading easier too. Line them all up and load them all in a couple of passes with the 100 yard bucket.

  13. #13tctractors2014-07-13 15:30

    Case is a make we have in the U.K. sadly we dont have any John Deere, we also have Finnigans they come standard with a half Acre bucket hanging off a mile and a half of stick, the World is full of experts in all sorts of crap, but why spout off crap that can be "Found Out" as rubbish in seconds, I had a young fitter on a site the other day telling me all about D8K's, my wife has knickers older than him, the need to impress must be important to some, on the CAT D12 dozer I had to fit rubber tracks on it as it was making to much noise! I will post a few pic's??? smiling as always tctractors