So I'm told the HTO additive has been discontinued. Many of the new tractor fluids have the main ingredients that the HTO additive adds to regular motor oil. My question is though, when we are forced to make a change and dump our tanks, how do we know what we're putting in is compatible (will blend) with the oil that is still in the system. Don't laugh at me just yet as I'm just starting to search out a replacement. One of the main ingredients of HTO is ZDDP. One of the main ingredients of off the shelf STP oil treatment is ZDDP. As STP is designed to work with motor oil, I'm wondering that might be a simple solution. Still looking for the material data sheet for Case HTO to see what else is of value or needed.
I’ll be interested in this too, my Case dealer said to just run straight 10w-30 without any additive for my ‘98 1845c but I’m leery. I’ve been thinking about switching it over to Mobil 424 hydraulic fluid. Say on the bucket that it is an excellent alternative for systems requiring motor oil, and if I’m not mistake it is 10w-30 weight.
I've ran 10W-30 oil in my 1845C for over 20 years now without the additive, and without problems. 424 oil is a good fluid also for the application but a lot more cost.
I thought it recommended 10-30w diesel engine oil. Might have more Zinc
Shell Rotella does and that is what is in my tractor.