Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case injector pump

Mech ยท 2015-04-08 20:37

Hello I have a case super m series 2 About a week ago I had a mechanic to repair my injector pump. And it worked fine after that. We'll the problem is they left my 3 nuts loose and over a period of few days it got worse I noticed it vibrating and turned machine off. The pump has no leaks and is fine. But my question is did it mess up a seal maybe by vibrating the injector pump to much. It was completely loos when I discovered it.

Replies2
  1. #1Mech2015-04-08 21:22

    Does anyone know if there's a seal at the spline that could go bad from the pump being loose and vibrating

  2. #2alrman2015-04-09 02:41

    The only seal to worry about is the gasket between the pump & timing cover. It should have been replaced, if the pump was removed. If it is not leaking it is probably OK. It is possible however that the pump timing could now be out by a couple of degrees. Unless you can see it's original position by any marks around the mounting bolts or the timing guide lines. If the mechanic left it loose, he should really come back & recheck it for you - at no charge