I was at my case dealer yesterday and saw that the excavators had made in Japan on them . and to think i thought they made everything over here.
case and linkbelt are made by sumitomo
Case is owned by CNH Global. They own Case, New Holland, Link-Belt and Kobelco.
So they are all the same company! Are they all made in Japan?
ask your case dealer. sumito makes the link belt and case excavators. i have no clue who owns sumitomo
Here is CNH's website..... http://www.cnh.com/
http://www.allbusiness.com/periodicals/article/702455-1.html http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FZX/is_5_67/ai_77082359 http://www.casece.com/about/history.asp?RL=NAE here's an excerpt from this article 1994 - Case made its initial public offering and introduced its new brand identity. Also in 1994, Case signed a contract with Sumitomo Heavy Industries of Japan to make excavators for the North American Market http://investors.cnh.com/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=CNH&script=412&layout=0&item_id=162285
This is a bigger mess than we might see at first glance... Kobelco's excavators are their own, made either in Japan or Georgia. Kobelco also makes select versions of its excavators for NH (midi and mini) and Case (mini) here in the States, but markets a much larger line (if I recall correclty) for NH in Europe. NH also has Fiat-Hitachi and O&K machines in its line in Europe, because Fiat-Hitachi was also bought out by CNH when the merger occurred. Note that Fiat-Hitachi is not Hitachi (/Deere excavators). O&K is a Terex company, even though first-generation NH mini-exs were Schaeff (now also a Terex company). And I do believe it gets even more complicated than that if we consider wheel loaders... :Banghead
???? :spaz If its not a Cat its a dog!:bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri
And if it's not a Harley it aint a motorcycle no doubt... that's right the Japanese can't make motorycles either can they:usa
Sumitomo aren't really owned by anyone. They are a group of companies into banking, minerals,trading etc, one of their divisions is Sumitomo Construction Equipment. They were connected with Link Belt and also partnered with JCB at one time.
Oh yes...better your sister in a wh**ehouse than your brother on a Honda But I'll fess up to owning a Kubota:yup..and a Mitsupillar engine...and Mitsy truck...and a Subaru...and ...and...sigh.. But my cement mixer is made in Australia!..damn...no Aussie flag Oh and I just ordered a Dynapac jumpin Jack...has a Honda engine but please don't tell anyone....... I did see a Harley Rake today...do the japs make them?????
It's sad, isn't it? The only good thing about the Japanese building our machines is to think about how much more it would cost us to buy them if they were built in the US. They truly have earned their way into mass production by building a reputation for quality with every single product they roll off the production line. Same reason people will buy a Japanese car over a domestic, the Japanese build a perfect car every time as far as all the pieces being assembled correctly, reliability from there on out is a little different, but when those Japanese cars come out of the factory they are 110% free from defects, no questions asked. This differs from GM or Ford in the sense that they might only get 96-98% of the vehicles they sell absolutely perfect. A bit sad, but that's how it works. Squizzy, Harley's are made in the US I believe. Can't quite remember where, somewhere in the Midwest I believe.
They have plants all over. There is one near me in York, PA. I took a tour of the plant, it is very interesting indeed.
Are you talking farm machinery or Harley Rakes...:bouncegri (I'll probably burn in hell for that one)
If you guys want a American made bike you can buy one from the Teutel's :laugh When I was talking with a hydraulic repair/salesman he says all the machines now have mix matched parts no one has standard parts anymore. He says Cat has their own style hydraulic fittings the over seas machines have different fittings. The manufacturers are working on the I gotcha factor you can buy the machine cheaper but when it comes time to buy parts like hydraulic hoses you have to buy from the manufacturer. Don't think Cat doesn't do this they are doing it alot of their hydrualic parts are their own so you have to deal with Cat for those parts.
I hope this was a sarcastic remark......
I must agree with this. In all honesty, the Japanese do make nearly all of their products better than their american counter parts. I can hear all of you screaming now. Lets face it; the only reason that american car manufacturers are in such financial trouble is that they can't build a vehicle that can compete with the Japs as far as build quality, longevity, initial value as well as depreciated value. I have owned many foreign and domestic vehicles in my time..... from an 89 s10 blazer that had 300k with NO major repairs (valve covers had never even been off!!!) to a Grand Chrokee that had a differential go at 56k, to a couple of full sized american pickups all of which not one made it over 100k without a trans, to 3 Mazda MX-6, ALL of which achived over 200k. Im just realistic. And ps..... Jap superbikes DOMINATE anything with the initials HD:bouncegri
Glenmac the company that makes the Harley rake is in Jamestown, North Dakota.
Corporate offices and most of their R&D is in and around Milwaukee, WI. Engines are assembled in Kansas City,MO, along with final assembly for some models. Final assembly is also done in York, PA. Joe
my 99 fxds was built in york, pa
I always thought CASE is American, not Japanes
Their manufacturing locations are all posted on the case webiste. http://www.casece.com/about/locations.asp?RL=NAE
A friend of mine just bought a "Honda Davidson" like the one below. Pretty nice copy of a Harley. :bouncegri http://www.hondabikes.net/pictures/honda-vtx1800.jpg
had to be a 4.3 I love those motors. The built 4.3 in my syclone is making 500whp.
You cant compare those two. You buy a HD cause you want a HD, you buy a crotch rocket cause you want to get to 160mph as fast as possible
nah.... it was just the 2.8.... but she was a runner!! That truck still drove pretty well except for the man. trans, which all the syncros. in the trans except for 1st and 3rd where completely shot :thumbsup 2wd and I NEVER had it hopelessly stuck... ah, the Blaze days.....
I know Im just tryin to rustle some feathers!!!!!!! :bouncegri Honestly, there are points in a ride where I would rather be on a cruiser then leaned over the tank in a tuck good for 110 but ur doin 35 behind some simple **ck. Even better, in a car, with AC and the radio blastin........ ...and then the road opens up :wink2
CNH is Fiat owned, which is Italian. Not too sure where it goes from there.