Does anyone have one of these? I bought one. It needed tires. The old ones were filled with calcium. After breaking the beads, three of the rims were junk. I ordered three new rims. Now my questions... Do you think this needs the added weight of the calcium to use the machine? Has anyone cut good sections from one of the bad rims out with a plasma cutter and then removed the same amount on another rim from one of the bad sections and welded it on the rim to save it? I am thinking of maybe trying to save two rims or sell them when done. I have the old tires so I can air them up to make sure the welds are ok. Since the tires are only 4 ply, the rim would take 25 psi. I can air them up in a cage to test. any feedback appreciated.
I bit the bullet and had them foam filled. never rust the rims out again and hopefully the tires will last forever.