Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case / Poclain 988 no power to speed control panel

Chris Perkins ยท 2021-02-07 17:03

Newbie to this forum so thanks for letting me in! I am struggling with my machine, an ageing Case 988 tracked machine. The water pump belt broke and I replaced it (and starter!) and now when I start it the green lights on speed control panel just below RH control column come on for about 3 seconds and then go out. The engine starts fine, but no lights on Dash or any other control panels (looks as though fuel guage works!). If I manually move the throttle forwards in engine bay to increase speed above tickover it will track fwds and back plus the boom and bucket moves but no slew. I know that if battery goes flat (as it has done previously with a duff alternator!) the slew doesn't work, so I guess that there is no power to slew motor. I presume that all of this is linked and something to do with now power to speed control panel the blink code on fuse panel behind seat is one long flash followed by 11 short, small gap then 12 short . continually repeats. I have checked the fuses and they all seem OK BUT bit of corrosion. (What are fuses that say ST on them aswell please?) I am completely confused by this as cannot see how it has gone wrong after replacing water pump belt. Is it possible that taking starter and alternator off can cause this? The wiring to those is pretty simple and cant see how I can get wrong?? PLease help!!

Replies0

No replies yet.