Hi Guys, Haven't posted much here but long time viewer. My 2008 Case 340 rock truck wont come out of park. When we disengage the parking break it acts as its still on and wont move. Has anyone experienced this before, yesterday after fooling around with the battery terminal and air release we got moving and it ran fine all day but today we cant get it going. Also, I'm finding it very hard to find a mechanic that knows these trucks and willing to come repair. Any help would be so much appreciated. I'm from Toronto if anyone knows a mechanic close by Thank you!
Hi Luca, is the Case 340 a regular dump truck? Iveco engine, ZF transmission? Will the truck move in reverse? Or both directions blocked?
Hi Guys I have a similar issue with case 330B,Truck will start and drive forward but when I stop and put it in reverse it wont go backward, if I stop and start the machine it will go backward but won't go forward till I stop and start the machine again.
Hi Volvo guy, may I ask again same question? Iveco or Cummins engine? ZF transmission? If yes, there should be a display fitted for t/m fault codes. What does it tell you? Unfortunately we never got any feedback from Luca in regard of 340 truck. Your description sounds somehow different to Luca's issue. Rather issue with neutral signal from shifter.
Hi Bigbert Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it. Yes, Iveco engine and ZF transmission Guys are now telling me sometimes it shifts properly and sometimes it doesn't, I will test it tomorrow and let you know.
Hi Volvo guy, as far as I recall the MUX code 79 is a (brief) open circuit of solenoid K3, there might be more on display. These codes made TCU switch to Neutral, then restart with move shifter to neutral needed. Main issue usually on dump trucks was the cabin connector. From cabin inside to vehicle harness. Check for corrosion/humidity. Good luck.
Ok, I did a test today, Truck does not drive at all, when I put it in gear it seems to want to drive but as soon as I step on the gas I receive this error. (TCU 3E) same result backward and forward. The harness seems like its in good shape...Truck has only 3500 hours What does TSU mean? Thanks
TCU means transmission control unit. 3E is a faulty output speed sensor or the wiring for it including plug. Output speed sensor is located on rear cover of transmission. Three wires.