Titan Machinery, our local case dealer, invited my son and me to go to their proving grounds in tomahawk, wisconsin. if any of you get the chance to go....GO!!!! beautiful setting, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much GREAT food and drink, wonderful accomodations onsite, and you get to play on all kinds of fun stuff. here's a link to some pics i took while there. http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/dayexco/tomahawk/
I always wanted to go there.
I wouldn't go right away. Supposed to be like -17 there tonight and not much warmer tomorrow.
Wow that looks like fun!
It looks like they have one of everything! :woohoo
Did you get your tomahawk? I got to run over with my salesman and test run a 321 and 221 loader, it wasn't the regular trip but still got a tour of the grounds and talk to the personal there. It was really cool experience.
That old excavator in #1 is pretty neat. Looks like a good time.
yup, got it hanging here on office wall, only complaint i have with the case facility in tomahawk is...i gained 5 frickin pounds while i was there.
That's the good kind of complaint.
Dayexco, I take it you have met the bear then!!:drinkup Nice facility that Case has there. You are soooooo right on the food. I don't know how the guys that work up there are not all 400 lbs!!
I think the hospitality at Tomahawk has become world famous. That has got to be the best job at CNH bar none. The place is awesome and very informative. Where else can you run practically every piece of CASE equipment at the same place. Great opportunity.
yeah, they said somebody had to "pet the bear"...i was given the honor...and VOILA!!! beer thirty!!!:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup in fact, if you go to the link in my first post...there is a very dark picture of the bear in one of them
one more interesting thing i learned there........about taping turbochargers for hauling purposes...apparently none of the case machines currently in production ever have an occurance where intake and exhaust valve open at the same time. no exhaust tape needed...unless you want to keep birds, etc. out of there