Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case SR210 Electrical? Issues

JohnDeere77 · 2023-08-31 11:03

New member to the forum here, but have been on it many times in the past for heavy equipment issues and have found it a great help. Have decided to join as I am at a loss with a Case Skid steer. Machine was having fuel sender issues and throwing codes related to this..fuel sender was replaced and full service done on the machine (filters/fluids). Machine was driven and parked; next time I went to turn it on(a few days later) it is throwing another code. This time the code is 1051(loss of CAN communication with engine). Was told by a dealer to check all electrical connections. This is a pretty hard thing to accomplish when the machine will not turn on/ move. Tried disconnecting hydraulics to raise arm and lift cab…not sure how but the arm still will not raise with the hydraulics completely disconnected. Read online that there was a procedure to raise the arm without disconnecting hydraulics by lifting an ovveride button and pushing ride control on joystick; no luck. Maybe due to the CAN issue? Hoping that someone here can shed some light on what I may be missing. How can I get this arm to raise so that I can lift the cab and check the electrical connections? Is there another route? Also started to check the electrical components to the greatest extent possible without a wiring diagram/info on voltages not included in an owners manual.. Lacking info on: -Diagnostic Connector: is there a public/private can? Which pins on the connector should they be and what voltage should they read? -all fuses reading 12v.. except ECU-1 which is at 1.4v. Is that correct for this machine? Any info would be greatly appreciated. This is a great piece of equipment when it is operating, but it doesn’t seem to like to do that!

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2023-09-03 23:33

    I can't help with the electrical issue, but raising the loader arms should be as easy as lifting that red button next to the seat. This should allow you to raise the arms without disconnecting anything. I don't have a 210 (although I have run them, and really like them) but that works on my large frame CASE machines. There are CASE mechanics on here that hopefully will chime in and provide some insight on the electrical issue.

  2. #2ozarkag2023-09-04 21:48

    No, 1.4 volts is definitely a bad reading, likely the source, or at least part of your problem. Try removing and cleaning that fuse and contacts.

  3. #3JohnDeere772023-09-05 08:29

    I removed the fuse and cleaned this morning. Also found an article on another forum suggesting that the main power relay in the fuse box may be bad; so swapped that with a light relay to see if it would fire up. failure on both fronts. in the other post i ready about another power fuse located near the rear of the machine between the radiator and the battery which I've yet to locate, but want to check. KSSS: i watched a video on lifting the loader arms that said i needed battery power; lift the red mushroom head youre talking about and hit the float control button on the joystick to lift. do you need to have the machine on to lift the loader arm? i am not sure what the function of this button is, but if it is mechanical could it be jammed if the weight of the machine is on the bucket rather than the front tires?

  4. #4KSSS2023-09-05 10:27

    I didn't need the machine to be running to lift my loader arms. I assume its all mechanical. Nor did I hit the float button.

  5. #5alrman2023-09-05 18:42

    To raise the loader frame, I'm often working alone, so I've never used the override (red button) always had to undo the hoses. You will need to place some blocks or a jack under the rear of the machine when raising, to prevent the front wheels lifting off the ground. The relays are directional, meaning you need to install them the correct way - they can be fitted the wrong way round. So, if you removed them for checking, you may need to double check how they were refitted. Many electrical issues are fixed in the fusebox.