G'day, I am trying to help a mate solve an intermittent start issue on this machine, its not very old and used to start first time every time. Now it randomly does not turn over when turning to start position, you can hear the start solenoid kick in (at least it sounds that way) but no go. Let switch go back to run and try again and most times it will start, sometimes with a delay before it turns over. No codes on monitor now but there was an early 1051 No Can communication with Engine controller, dealer cleared that. We suspect a starter issue, is it common for this model? Thanks
I’ve talked to a service tech at a dealer and he’s experienced the same thing and it traces back to loose battery cables. I would start there.
Thanks, yes we have checked those and to the disconnect switch also, all nice and tight. Which is why were suspecting the starter or solenoid..
Try bouncing in the seat too, could be that switch. I've been at Case five years now and haven't replaced a bad skid starter, lots on harness's though. The B's are still pretty new though, we haven't seen what issues they are gonna have. Make sure he uses that warranty though
Ok thanks for tip on the seat, I wondered how that worked. Some sort of sensor no doubt.. Yes we are seeking warranty support however they are not getting very far! I work in tech support area for another brand and thats why I used this medium, as we do it for ours too! Interesting to note the owner (a mate) said it was fine until we lifted the cab to fix a drive motor oil leak, no harnesses or plugs were disturbed and these have all been 'checked" by the Dealer, we did try and move the seat to see if there was a cab lock there but thats all. Appreciate the feedback thanks.
Started after tipping the cab? I guess check that thick harness at the pivot point on the left side of cab, I really hope that hasn't rubbed through already
Hi, just some feedback on this one. Turns out a pos feed on battery was not fully tight and may of been allowing volt drop at starter solenoid on and off. It did play up a few times post fixing the lead but that could of been some arcing in solenoid plate. Working fine now! Thanks all