Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case SR250 – no power to ignition

ilgolfer ยท 2018-06-28 08:41

My 2013 Case SR250 was dead the other day. I used a jumper on it to unload a trailer quick and parked it again. Came back out the next day to start and same issue. Only now even with the jumper on it, it will not give power to the ignition. I press the power button and then it lights the start button up as usual. However the ISO/H controls light is not lit up as it normally is and when you press the start button, nothing happens. I've check fuses in the cab and tried unplugging battery. Out of ideas... Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Kitt Dalsin2020-02-27 13:25

    my case has been giving me soo much electrical problems. No power going to the instrument cluster. Or better said I am only getting 5-10 Volts to my instruments cluster. Not enough volts to wake up the machine when I sit on my seat. Battery is good. Fuses are all good. Im at a loss.

  2. #2Txhayseed2020-02-27 16:35

    We used to have a lot of case units and replaced alot of wiring harnesses. Check on the left side. With the cab up. Follow the main harness back from the fuse block about 3 feet where the harness ducks under the front the kick plate and the it comes back out right before it turns a goes up. There is a big junction where the harness splits off to feed the rear of the machine. We used to have lots of failures right there... Rubs breaks etc bad splices. I bet ive replaced a good 1/2 dozen harness. They are not fun to replace either. Have to pull the pumps out. Kick plate etc to get it out.

  3. #3Kitt Dalsin2020-03-26 14:57

    You sir are a life saver. I truly appreciate your help! This has solved my problem!

  4. #4Txhayseed2020-03-26 17:11

    Glad to hear that you got it up and going

  5. #5Daniel12172021-10-29 13:10

    I got a sv280 that every time I hit the start button all power goes away

  6. #6casesr210b2023-09-24 16:22

    I know this is an old thread but where do you think it would likely be