Hello, I am working on a Case Super N backhoe with tier 4 emissions on it, the machine has an SCR but does NOT have a DPF. There is a code for the SCR being plugged which has de-rated the engine and turned on a constant alarm along with a red STOP on the digital display. My understanding is that when the term "regen" is thrown around it is referring to the DPF being cleaned. If the SCR is plugged with crystalized def or whatever it may be is there a way to clean it or is this an R&R situation? I spoke with a service guy from the dealer and he said they have to plug into it. Is there such a thing as an SCR regen?
The most common problem I've seen causing this error is that one of the pressure differential tubes has cracked check this first. This will cause a code indicating it is plugged. Usually the tube on the RH side as viewed from the drivers seat ( the one with the sharpest bend) Usually cracks about 4 inches back of muffler. Installing a new tube will clear the code. I've even black taped the tube in an emergency usually lasts a couple hours before it melts.
https://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr60483ar650658 it is reference #2. You also need the ferrules and nuts.
Nice to see you posting again Gil !