Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case superM series 2 rear brake line part

camelot · 2024-05-01 06:05

Hello all. I broke the flexible brake line that goes into the rear axle at the fitting. I can't find a part number for the fitting that screws into the rear axle. Or would anyone have a decent diagram of this particular part? Final question, do you need to bleed the brake lines after or will they expel air as they are pumped? Thanks Russell

Replies13
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-05-01 08:26

    Welcome to HEF, Russell ! You need to get a service manual. The on-line parts book is a tremendous help for part locations on a machine. CASE Construction | 580SM - Series 2 Loader Backhoe Tier 2 (na) - Asn N4c304000 | MyCNH US Store www.mycnhstore.com

  2. #2camelot2024-05-01 10:02

    I did get one and I am struggling to find the parts diagram for this as I'm not sure if its under hydraulics or brakes. I ordered part 218-5103 b ut it came in as a 90 degree part and the one I broke was straight. I may try the 90 degree one and see if all works . Do I need to bleed the air out after? I've never worked on a brake system that use the hyd/trans oil before

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2024-05-01 21:02

    The parts book shows a 90 degree fitting for the axle. You can take the fitting you have and see if your Case dealer can match it up.

  4. #4Tinkerer2024-05-01 21:41

    Someone may have substituted a straight one for the 90° it originally had. You may need a tubing bender.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2024-05-01 21:53

    The 580SM series I has a straight fitting part number 218-5053

  6. #6camelot2024-05-02 18:21

    Thanks Coy I will try that number. Does the brake system need to have the air bled out or will it work the air out on its own? Thanks

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2024-05-02 18:32

    Yes it will need to be bled, there is a bled screw on tome of brake housing. Sometimes you can just open it and it will gravity bleed.

  8. #8camelot2024-05-06 20:10

    I have been looking through both service manual and parts book but I can't locate the bleed screws. Are they located on the top of the rear axle? Likely a 7/16 or 1/2" probably? Thanks in advance.

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2024-05-07 07:40

    The bleed screw should be right next to the park brake lever.

  10. #10Coy Lancaster2024-05-07 07:50

    You might find some that will work through aftermarket sources

  11. #11camelot2024-05-08 06:59

    Coy do you mean it is located in the cab beside the parking lever or underneath beside the parking brake mechanism? I was able to get the part from our local New Holland/Case dealer. Thanks

  12. #12Coy Lancaster2024-05-08 07:10

    The bleeder is on the axle beside the lever where the park brake cable connects to the lever. There may be a rubber/plastic cover on the bleeder.

  13. #13camelot2024-05-08 07:17

    Thanks so much, this is a fantastic resource for someone new to backhoes and heavy equipment. Very much appreciated. Russell from Canada