Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case TR 270 High Flow Option – Choosing a mower

Canuck Digger ยท 2020-11-17 17:46

Hi, I have a 2017 Case TR 270 with high flow option. Looking to purchase a brush mower. Found a well kept, only 2 years old Erskine HD Direct Drive Utility Brush Mower. Operating pressure of 3 to 4.2k psi and 18 to 30 gal./min. flow range. Based on what I've found, the Case in High Flow will run 32.5 gal. per min. Thoughts on compatibility of these 2? Want to make sure I get something that will work well together. Anything else to look out for? Thx.

Replies1
  1. #1hitmix3002020-11-22 00:42

    If you put too much flow through that motor and it destroys itself; it would be a very expensive bill to repair the contaminated hydraulic system. not worth the risk in my opinion. When I bought my new MTL I made sure the motor was sized for my hyd flow @ 25/35gpm. I think the motor's rating was 23-37gpm. for what its worth; be sure to check the flywheel for runout and give the tool a good test before you buy it, you can always run it in standard flow to avoid any issues. I think you should just purchase a new cutter thats spec'd for your machine. This way you wont end up with a used tool that might have issues without a warranty just my .02 best wishes