Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case TR270- need help!

curb guy · 2020-03-14 20:16

I posted this question in the skid loader section but, have had no responses so I’m gonna try it here. I have a Case TR270. Was running fine all morning, shut it off to go to lunch. When we came back it wouldn’t start, cranked fine, but didn’t even try to fire. On the display screen is a message “ATS fail”. I have the factory service manuals and there is nothing in them about that. I have the latest updates on my Diesel Laptop/Texa scan tool, f$&@n’ thing won’t communicate with the ecm . If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I would be much obliged. Thank you!

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612020-03-15 05:17

    Hopefully a Case guy will be in touch with you soon. On Deere's, ATS means Anti-theft System. Maybe someone activated it by mistake or changed the code on you.

  2. #2curb guy2020-03-15 17:24

    Thank you. From what little I’ve been able to find out, it could either be “after treatment system “ or, “automatic transfer switch”? But, I really don’t know.

  3. #3Muffler Bearing2020-03-17 13:44

    no it means after treatment system, there should be a number on the ICU thats a code. Check all your sensor connections, even having the intake air temp sensor unplugged from the air filter can trip this

  4. #4Muffler Bearing2020-03-17 13:48

    Honestly I would go straight to the plastic junction box for the engine harness and pop the top off. Inspect the wires in there and you will find them rubbing through into each other

  5. #5curb guy2020-03-17 15:46

    Thank you! I will do that tomorrow