Machine died while working and refused to start. Got AFT failed message. dealer said to start with fuel separator as low fuel delivery can trigger that error. Emptied the separator out then had to spend a bunch of time to get it purged of air. Now it will run after I manually fill the separator with fuel but then dies within minutes. I hear a sound like a running fuel pump but it never changes pitch so I think there is an issue there or a blockage restricting fuel supply. Where is the elctric pump on this? I can't find it on any schematic. nfm413374 serial
That code has a lot of things to check off to find the issue. I recently got that code in a 450B. It was an injection pump and some injectors, I replaced the fuel filters but the issue came back. I would replace the fine fuel filter as well if you haven't. That filter could be the problem.
Yes I was correct that it was not getting fuel for some reason. Turns out the fuel gauge is defective and the machine is OUT OF FUEL. Aaaarrgh (or the tank suction tube is broken) Lessons learned include the fuel lines going to the door mounted separator get kinked when you open the rear door. you have to reach over the door to work the hand pump instead of doing it with the door open This model doesnt have an electric lift pump. It has a mechanical one scabbed onto the end of the injection pump and its not clear that you can buy that separately. The injection pump is $2200 so I'm glad is wasnt a lift pump problem.