They case tr270 that I bought runs great. Plenty of power and cranks perfect. It smokes when it is running. It is a white blueish smoke like it is oil type smoke. I know that a bad motor will smoke and use oil but the problem is that it doesn't smoke all the time. Sometimes it is clear as can be. I been around Desiel engines all my life and I am not about this one. I had herd that there is a timing advance sensor or controller that can make it do this but not really sure about that. It is using oil but does not have any blow by. Any ideas. I know if I take to a dealer they are going to say motor needs rebuilding.
About how many hours are on this machine? I'm assuming you have the tier 3 engine? The tier 3 engine has a timing advance solenoid. Timing is advanced when the engine is cold (no power to solenoid). If the engine timing is too far retarded, then the engine will smoke white or white-ish blue-ish, and the smoke will have a strong odor that will burn your eyes. The issue with this fuel system, is that as the gear train wears, the timing retards. So after so many hours, you need to retime the injection pump. There is no accurate way for you to time the engine without the dealers tools. Pretty much the only thing you can do, is to check that the timing advance solenoid is moving. With the engine off (and cold) send 12v power to the timing advance solenoid. The arm should move in a few minutes (its slow reacting) A bit of oil consumption is normal. I would also recommend checking your turbo. If the shaft is loose, spins poorly, or blades are damaged, you will need a new turbo.
The machine has 1000 hrs on it. It is a 2011 model so it has the older motor in it. We ran it today for 5 hrs and it used 1-1/2 quarts of engine oil. The seems extreme to me. It was smoking mostly the entire time. I will check the solenoid tomorrow and see if it is working the way it should. Is it on top of motor and has a plunger with rod going in it? I sure hope it doesn't need a overhaul but if it does I guess it wouldn't be to terrible expensive. Thanks
With the amount of engine oil you are using, I would inspect the turbo. You probably should monitor your oil consumption over a few days, to get a more accurate measurement. The turbo has been an issue, mostly due to lack of oil changes or cold winter starting. The timing advance piston is on the side of the injection pump, number 8.
Same problem here It sounds as though I have the same problem you were having. What was the out come on your machine? What did you have to fix.
id check the turbo. we have been through 3 of them. for some reason, if the machine sits any lengthy period of time or use in cold weather the turbo doesnt get oil right away and smokes the bearings
I have the same skid steer with the same issue and was wondering if anyone has figured out this issue. Thanks
soilmover2 did. He posted that he was on his third turbo charger.
If this is a tier 3 unit pull the EGR out I bet it is so gummed up it's not working properly also. I've seen these so carboned up and full of oil and soot you completely ruined it trying to pry it out.
I am having the same problem with my c232 new holland which is basically the same engine. I took out the EGR out and it was dirty but not gummed up. Any other way of testing it. It does open and close. Not sure if it opens and closes at the right time though. Thanks